Location and Hours of Polling Place
Village of Cobb
Cobb Community Center
404 Motel Street
Polls are Open From
7:00 A.M. until 8:00 P.M.
If you have any questions concerning your polling place, contact the municipal clerk.
The polling place is accessible to elderly and disabled voters.
LISA A RILEY, CLERK-TREASURER
501 Benson Street
Cobb, WI 53526-9673
Phone: (608) 623-2777
Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Click here for a Sample Ballot for the April 4, 2023 Spring Election
Click here to view the Class C Notice explaining the three referendum questions on the ballot
VOTING BY ABSENTEE BALLOT
Any qualified elector who is unable or unwilling to appear at the polling place on Election Day may submit a request to vote an absentee ballot to their municipal clerk. A qualified elector is any U.S. citizen who:
- will be 18 years of age or older on Election Day.
- has resided in the ward or municipality where they wish to vote for at least 28 consecutive days before the election.
The elector must also be registered to vote to receive an absentee ballot. Proof of identification must be provided before an absentee ballot may be issued*.
Making application to receive an absentee ballot by mail
Contact your municipal clerk and request that an application for an absentee ballot be sent to you for the primary or election or both. You may make written application to your municipal clerk for an absentee ballot in person, by mail, by fax, by email or at MyVote.wi.gov. Or you may apply in person at the clerk's office during the In-Person Absentee Voting period listed below.
Your written request must include:
- your voting address within the municipality where you wish to vote
- the address where the absentee ballot should be sent, if different from the address above
- your signature
- a copy of your photo identification*
The deadline for making application to receive an absentee ballot by mail is:
5:00 p.m. on the fifth day before the election, Thursday, March 30, 2023.
*Voters who are indefinitely confined due to age, illness, infirmity, or disability may not be required to provide photo ID. If this applies to you, contact the municipal clerk regarding deadlines for requesting and submitting an absentee ballot.
**Special absentee voting application provisions apply to electors who are indefinitely confined, in the military, hospitalized, or serving as a sequestered juror. If this applies to you, contact the municipal clerk regarding deadlines for requesting and submitting an absentee ballot.
Voting an absentee ballot in person
You may also request and vote an absentee ballot in the clerk's office or other specified location during the days and hours specified for casting an absentee ballot in person.
Lisa A. Riley, Village Clerk (608) 623-2777
501 Benson Street, Cobb, WI 53526-9673
Monday – Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The first day to vote an absentee ballot in the clerk’s office is:
Tuesday, March 21, 2023
The last day to vote an absentee ballot in the clerk's office is:
Friday, March 31, 2023
No in-person absentee voting may occur on the day before the election. The municipal clerk will deliver voted ballots returned on or before Election Day to the proper polling place or counting location before the polls close on April 4, 2023. Any ballots received after the polls close will not be counted.
Voting and Election Information
To check the status of your absentee ballot or to check your voter history
- Please visit: https://myvote.wi.gov/
State of Wisconsin Elections Commission
The State of Wisconsin Elections Commission has all the forms available for download at their web site. Below are links to some of the most requested forms.
- WEC Web site: elections.wi.gov
- WEC - All Forms Page: elections.wi.gov/forms
EL-121 Absentee Ballot Request
- English Absentee Ballot Request: Wisconsin Application for Absentee Ballot
- Spanish Absentee Ballot Request: Wisconsin Application for Absentee Ballot-Spanish
EL-131 Voter Registration Application
- English Voter Registration Form: http://gab.wi.gov/forms/gab-131-english
- Spanish Voter Registration Form: http://gab.wi.gov/forms/gab-131-spanish
- Hmong Voter Registration Form: http://gab.wi.gov/forms/gab-131-hmong